Last Updated: July 16, 2020.
Information We Collect
We may collect and maintain several types of information about you, including:
- Through our website or any of the services we provide, we may collect personal information about you. This includes when you register on our website, use contact forms or other types of communication functionality, subscribe to our communications, add or update your account information, respond to surveys and questionnaires, rate or review our services, ask questions or comments through form submissions, connect with us through social networks, or participate in our promotions on the social media platforms we participate in.
- The personal information we may collect includes your name, email, address, phone number, job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, reference information, background and skills information, other information contained in your resume or other employment and career-related information that you provide to us. This also includes any materials you submit through interactive features, your login ID and password created by you.
- We may collect information that is publicly available or provided by third-parties. For example, we may collect certain information that is posted on social media websites, blogs and other websites along with personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business and information related to our media and public relations activities
Device information we collect through our website, including:
- From your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system information, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to configure the website properly, to provide you with a positive user experience.
If you do not agree to accepting cookies you may change the settings of your browser to prevent all or certain cookies from being accepted. If, however, you do not accept cookies from our website, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to track the actions of website users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about website usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the website, along with the time of the visit and other details including the pages visited. We may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and in the general administration of the website. If you accessed the website using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as:
- To register your profile on the website;
- To provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information;
- To establish, maintain and manage relations with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested (eg. to determine your suitability for a position);
- To be able to comply with your requests;
- To provide you with information or services that you request;
- To communicate with you about our services or your use of our website and to be able to inform you of our services other than those that you have specifically requested, including sending you information promoting our other services;
- To administer and improve our services or website, and to tailor them to your usage patterns or preferences;
- To protect the website against online threats such as spam bots and malware;
- To conduct research and analysis and to be able to review the services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our services and so that we may work to improve our services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose information collected from you to prospective employers who have indicated an interest in receiving information from job applicants.
From time to time, we may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, affiliates, service providers, other third-party business partners (and their service providers), such as in the following circumstances:
- To conduct research and/or analysis regarding products, consumers and other matters;
- To allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile; or
- To prevent such parties from sending promotional messages on our behalf to people who have requested not to receive such messages.
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers. We will require these parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and will not authorize them to use the personal information we provide for their direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, we will use or disclose personal information we believe to be permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws of jurisdictions outside Canada; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from government and public authorities including those outside of Canada; (d) to enforce the terms and conditions of our business; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue all available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may share, with third-parties, aggregated or statistical information that is anonymous and does not identify you.
We also may disclose or transfer information to a third-party in the event of any change in our business such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or a portion of our business.
All data is now stored and transferred on our database, with a cloud provider who stores data outside of Canada, namely, it is a United States cloud service provider. The transfer of personal information does not entitle Creative Niche to use such data for any purpose(s) other than those for which you have expressly or impliedly consented. Creative Niche has hired an organization that receives the personal information in a comparable level of data security as would be required under Canadian law. Your personal information will be transferred outside of Canada for processing and storage, and your personal information will be subject to the laws of the foreign jurisdiction.
Third-Party Services and Websites
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures intended to protect personal information within our organization. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of website by Minors
The website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have created an online account on the website and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the website to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information.
You may also contact us using the methods described below to update your information, to request access to your information, or to request that necessary corrections be made to your information. Where applicable, as authorized or required by law, we will attempt to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may require that you put your request in writing, and that you provide proof of your identity. When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance.
Your right to the personal information we hold about you is not absolute. There may be instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow us or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. Furthermore, your personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with the information you seek, we will endeavor to provide you with reasons why we are unable to provide you with your personal information.
Any question, complaint or comment you may have with respect to personal information, and any request to access or correct your personal information, may be sent by mail to the address below, or by email to email@example.com
Creative Niche, Inc.
#101-462 Wellington Street West,
Toronto, ON M5V 1E3