Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
We are seeking a talent Video Editor for a full time opportunity with our agency client. The ideal candidate embodies an innovative approach in mastering their craft and who is entrepreneurial about how they use their video, animation and graphic skills, to execute. They should be someone who’s creative and editorial by nature, and who enjoys collaborative work with others in a team.
- Play a vital role in creating visual content for some of the world’s most innovative brands and influencer talents.
- Work collaboratively within the team – liaising with key internal teams
- Create high quality video edits that will span various media platforms such as social media channels, digital platforms, websites and more.
- Edit a variety of projects that includes brand marketing videos, how-to instructional videos, branded social content, talent-driven vlog content, product and service announcement videos, sizzle reels and teasers, and profile pieces, according to storyboards, tight scripts, and brand guidelines- or with basic concepts and little direction
- Facilitate animations, both within larger video scopes and for standalone needs (2D & 3D)
- Provide internal project leadership to edit/post team on assigned productions utilizing strong planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Ensure all assets are aligned with the project’s message, tone, and visual aesthetic
- As needed on occasion, work with outside VFX vendors, or video crews during pre and post production for larger scoped projects
- Track, version vet, prepare and render final edits to match the various deliverables per client specifications
- 3+ years experience in video production as editor
- Ability to edit short and long form content
- Experience editing video content for social media platforms and digital channels (i.e. websites)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (i.e. Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Experienced in all aspects of video post-production
- Proficient understanding of graphic design, colour correction, audio mixing, cutting music, motion graphics, etc.
- Experience rendering 2D and 3D animations to support video edits (MoGraph)
- Strong understanding animation principles and graphic application within video edits
- Comprehensive understanding of editing file structures and A/V formats and compression
- Clear knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Have passion for visual aesthetics and storytelling
- STRONG attention to detail, composition, and spelling
- Ability to recognize and process internal and client feedback
- Agency experience
Apply now for immediate consideration!