Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 0W3 - Canada
We working with a digital agency client as they are seeking passionate intermediate-senior UX/UI Designer who is passional for doing meaningful work in an environment rich with interesting projects and opportunities.
In this role, you will collaborate with the team to solve interesting challenges, while crafting mobile apps, games, and websites for health, education, and entertainment. You’ll be an important player on a team making a difference.
You will take the team take ideas from the initial concept to launch and beyond by using your analytical and creative abilities throughout the design process, creating and developing UX flows, user journey maps, user test plans, wireframes, and high-fidelity visual designs.
- Cross-train in both or specialize in one area depending on your aptitude and interests
- Facilitate the clients' product visions by researching, ideating, sketching, and testing high-quality user experiences for digital products
- Design mobile apps and websites
- Translate concepts into deliverables: wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions, and features
- Present and rationalize your design decisions based on design theory and usability research
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members (designers, developers, product owners, and project managers) and client stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Continually improve keeping yourself and your design team updated with the latest techniques and tools in UX design
- 3+ more years of UI and UX design experience and a track record of excellence as demonstrated in your body of work
- A post-secondary education studying design and applying it to digital products including apps and websites
- Expertise with InVision, Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Excellent communication skills to convey processes, ideas, and solutions to your team and clients
- High emotional intelligence, as demonstrated by your ability to put yourself in the mind of end-users
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, usability, accessibility, and testing methodologies
- A strong understanding of responsive design and the ability to design for both mobile and desktop screens
- Passion for all things UX, design, and innovation as demonstrated by your showcase knowledge of current trends and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
This is full-time remote opportunity.
Please apply now for consideration!