Team Lead, UX Writer
Toronto, Ontario M2M 4K2 - Canada
Our client in the financial industry is seeking a Team Lead, UX Writer who will help guide their team of UX writers to establish and refine the UX writing principles, practices, procedures. You will leverage industry learnings, customer insights, and user testing results to establish and continually refine content guidelines. You’ll also explore process improvements that help your team become more efficient. You will collaborate with other UX team leads to evolve the UX writing practice and act as an advocate across the business, continuing to help educate teams about the impact and value the UX writing team can bring to each project. In addition to strategic initiatives, you’ll still have a chance to get hands on and work as a contributor where required.
Need more details? Keep reading…
- Lead a team of ux writers and assist with day to day operational and leadership support
- Provide thoughtful feedback, guidance, support and mentorship to members of the team.
- Refine and improve UX writing processes, including content review and approval processes, collaboration with designers
- Keep up to date with current UX writing methodologies, frameworks, processes and tools. Share your knowledge of best practices with fellow UX writers
- Understand the processes and requirements to successfully lead a project as an ux writer.
- Communicate professionally and purposefully with stakeholders across the organization to continuously improve UX adaptation, support, and understanding.
- Participate in recruiting and hiring of UX writers.
- Conduct research and usability testing to support project development
- Contribute and lead the development the content strategy, design system & content design guidelines
- Work closely with product designers, marketers, product managers, legal & compliance, and engineers in cross-functional projects as needed. Have a willingness to pitch in as an individual contributor.
So are YOU their next Team Lead, UX Writer? You are if you have…
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Content Designer (UX Writer)
- Experience building and leading high performing user-centered ux writing team
- Excellent understanding of interaction design, usability principles, and content design
- Passion for creating innovative design strategies to help business development.
- Expert writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Deep knowledge of online technology and digital products, including web, mobile, and voice UI
- Experience leading and maintaining product content strategy and information architecture
- Experience leading the content strategy of a design system
- Experience with user research principles and practices, and using data to support content design choices
- Experience working in an Agile work environment