Senior Engagement Manager (NYC)
New York, New York, United States
At Creative Niche, we have something incredibly unique and different from other companies. Every day you’ll be part of a culture that lives our core values: Ethical, Innovative, Responsive, Inclusive, and Collaborative. We invest in our people, cultivate real connections, and consistently empower our team to grow, shake things up, and find their Niche!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Senior Engagement Manager to join our team of Nichers in New York City as we expand into the US. This role will be responsible for driving growth and profit in New York City (US) through a combination of incredible business development, networking, and strategic account management.
Engagement Managers are responsible for driving revenues and profit at Creative Niche through a combination of business development, marketing and account management activities which ensure that our customers produce the most inspired work possible. Engagement Managers identify, win and develop new business accounts to staff for themselves and their colleagues.
You will be required to identify prospective accounts or develop existing accounts through a variety of sales and marketing techniques. You will be responsible for managing a specific target list of prospective accounts from initial research through to sales, meetings if possible, placements, and the development of long-term, repeat business.
Specifically, we require you to:
- Develop and manage relationships with key contacts (Marketing, Digital and Creative Services Management and Directors, HR, Talent Acquisition, etc.)
- Sell services through a combination of direct sales, client meetings and presentations, lead nurturing, networking, targeted marketing, cross-selling to active accounts and more
- Sell staffing and recruitment services and work with leadership to identify opportunities and manage pipeline
- Develop a healthy account mix, balancing near-term prospects for immediate revenue generation with larger, longer-term, strategic accounts
- Deliver exceptional customer service and strategic account management with existing relationships
- Your goal: Develop preferred vendor relationships with customers, eventually developing strategic partner and trusted advisor status, to advance our long-term success
- Accurately document all important activities in our CRM
- Respond to contracts, project, pricing and RFP opportunities
- Monitor job postings and hiring activity by clients and prospects in the marketplace
- Monitor employment and skill trends in the marketplace, proactively marketing Creative Niche services
- Embrace and promote teamwork, including experience sharing, market insight, technical knowledge etc.
- Leverage the Marketing and Support team to maximize efficient use of time, and maintain your focus on customer business
- Attend and conduct regularly scheduled internal meetings to update leadership on the progress of accounts, and to plan and execute strategic account development activities
- Manage objection and conflict resolution (internally and externally), and service recovery, as needed
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5-10 years of experience and success working in the creative staffing and recruitment industry in a client service / business development role
- Demonstrated history of success and existing relationships
- Demonstrated initiative, energy and tenacity in achieving goals and resolving problems, and to maintain focus and perspective in the face of challenges
- Have the ability and willingness to learn, be flexible and adapt when situations change, and work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of commitment to personally getting things done
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the willingness to take calculated risks to accomplish organizational objectives
Who We Are:
We’re a team of dedicated professionals who have trust in one another, autonomy and growth opportunities, and a culture that lives our core values. We love to have fun and invest in creating unforgettable memories. We offer generous compensation, paid time off to refuel and recharge, ongoing DEI training and learning experiences, summer hours, educational and wellness allowance (recently: mindful meditation sessions!), happy hours, retreats (think…palm trees and hot weather), and so much more!
What We Do:
Creative Niche is a proud woman-owned and founded company in North America. In addition to providing mentoring and career support to college and university students, we’ve donated over $2 million in time and funding to organizations battling homelessness, environmental non-profits, and creative arts education for disadvantaged youth.
Since 2002, Creative Niche has been finding, assessing, and matching professionals in the areas of digital, marketing, advertising, tech, and design. In our 20 years of business, we have been responsible for over 14,000 successful placements with more than 600 companies and have a 97% success rate.
We provide a full range of hiring solutions; from temporary and contract staffing, to permanent recruitment and executive search services and payroll. Our client sectors range from tech, retail, advertising, and banking to insurance, branding, and not-for-profit.
In 2021, Creative Niche launched our fast-growing sister company, Rise by Creative Niche, a strategic talent acquisition partner to companies that need to scale quickly. Our team enjoys working with a blend of Creative Niche and Rise by Creative Niche clients and our different models and range of clients in interesting and emerging sectors and some of the best creative businesses.