Senior Art Director
San Luis Obisp, California 93401 - United States
Senior Art Director, California
Who They Are
An award-winning design and branding studio producing exclusively for the wine, craft, and spirits industry located in California. They’re a multi-talented creative crew that has learned how to play at the top of their game. They are a team that is wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard that gets to work with amazing clients and projects. They offer a competitive salary, a sweet benefits package – plus the occasional cases of wine to take home!
As a Senior Art Director, you possess the ability to generate highly original concepts and have an outstanding sense of design style paired with an incredible eye for detail. You’re able to clearly and effectively communicate your ideas in a positive and collaborative environment that fuels the team with inspiration and breeds success for their clients.
If you’re an Art Director with experience managing a creative team and a passion for unique wine, craft brew, and barrel-aged whiskey we’d love to hear about your experience as a leader in design!
What You Bring To The Table:
- Lead the ideation of creative concepts, both independently and in team collaboration
- Work effectively to design and direct exceptionally executed creative solutions, from the big picture, down to the small details
- Confidently present and articulate creative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Successfully lead client presentations and expectations from kick-off to final project delivery
- Create compelling brand stories through strategic copywriting
- Stay current on design softwares and trends, specifically in the print and digital spaces
- Act as a true collaborator and culture builder of a quickly growing design studio
- Constantly look for ways to improve and strengthen our teams capabilities
- Systematically multitask and manage your own projects and priorities while overseeing others
- Keep project managers informed and projects on track with timelines and budgets
- Mentor others through process and support team members growth paths
- Bring a positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic to our company
- 5+ years designing specifically for packaging, web, print, and digital 3+ years experience managing a creative team
- 2+ years experience in the beverage industry
- Ability to work in-office with our team in California
- Deep knowledge in the creative focus areas that our company offers: branding, packaging, digital
- Experience managing projects from concept to completion through others
- Experience managing contractors (photo, video, design, dev, copy) and print vendors
- Mastery of design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Sketch, InVision, Keynote
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating breadth across various mediums of design: illustration, iconography, and branding across both print and digital
- Bonus Points: A well behaved office dog and some killer cocktail recipes
Creative Niche is an equal opportunity employer and provides an inclusive work environment. We welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply!