Toronto, Ontario M4Y2W8 - Canada
We are seeking a Production Coordinator for a 6-7 week freelance opportunity with our client in the publishing sector – to start in early June.
- Facilitate clear communication between internal staff, authors and editors, and external vendors and freelancers
- Maintain all journal schedules and deadlines, and enforces manuscript submission deadlines
- Receive files from editorial office and/or from authors; assesses files for completeness and compliance with journal style; confirms that all images, figures, and photos are of sufficient resolution; sends manuscripts to vendors for content preparation and XML tagging
- Maintain contact information database; coordinates author agreements and author welcome letters
- Coordinate freelance and vendor copyediting, determining individual budgets and enforcing deadlines, while monitoring the quality of work and compliance with journal styles
- Collect appropriate permissions to reproduce images, videos, and any other material to which the article author(s) does not hold rights
- Evaluate and insert requested author revisions and final editor changes using Adobe Acrobat, reviews typeset revisions for accuracy, and checks final print-ready files for quality and completeness
- Obtain print quotes and coordinate with team
- University graduate; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years’ experience in publishing or related environment, including editorial, design, and/or production
- Excellent communication skills
Apply now for immediate consideration!