Paid Acquisition Manager
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1E9 - Canada
Are you looking to join an enthusiastic mission-driven startup? Creative Niche is partnering exclusively with Willful, a company known for bringing the crucial but overlooked task of estate planning out of the shadows and into the same conversation as insurance, financial planning and filing your taxes. While end-of-life planning is a very sensitive subject, the mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible.
Their user-friendly design has caught the attention of major publications such as The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, Global News, Betakit and has struck a deal on Dragons’ Den. Willful has been approached for partnerships from industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits, and we have active partnerships with CIBC, Allstate, Wealthsimple, Mercer, and other leading Canadian companies.
What does it mean to be a Paid Acquisition Manager at Willful?
As a Paid Acquisition at Willful, you’ll report directly to the Head of Performance Media and work collaboratively with their marketing, partnerships and product teams. You will oversee the day-to-day management of paid media accounts and will own and innovate on the key activities and processes that are required to make their accounts scale successfully.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing Marketing team at Willful. You will have opportunities to contribute new ideas and strategies, grow your skill set, and guide the direction of the marketing team.
What your role will encompass
- Create and optimize acquisition campaigns on search, paid social and display channels;
- Coordinate planning and allocation of budgets across channels, campaigns and regions to maximize yield on investment to meet and exceed targets;
- Be responsible for hands-on optimization of advertising campaigns, through levers such as creatives, budget, bid adjustments, and placements, to increase performance and efficiency;
- Report on campaign effectiveness and ROI to the broader marketing team. Use data to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple landing pages, ad networks, and customer touchpoints and provide recommendations for improvements;
- Monitor new trends and tactics that can be applied, and proactively recommend ways to test new features and channels and evaluate results;
- Continually drive improvements across our social channels and tactics and efficiently expand the scope of our acquisition. Measure impact through various metrics such as transactions revenue, AOV or sign-ups;
- Work with marketing software such as Google Ads/Analytics, GTM & Facebook Ads Manager;
- Partner with programmatic display vendors to manage the creation, optimization, and testing of display and online video campaigns.
Who you are:
- Experience: You have proven experience managing and optimizing paid search, social and display campaigns. You are able to demonstrate proven ROI on how your work has contributed to key metrics and ROI.
- Self-Starter: You’re already successful as an individual contributor. You have extensive knowledge of advertising best practices across paid search, social, programmatic, display and other emerging technologies.
- Data-Driven: You use data to make informed decisions and are proficient in data analysis and analytical tools.
- Creative: You love creating compelling ad campaigns from the ground up, with well-thought-out copy and a good eye for detail. You are creative in your approach to addressing a user’s needs via well-communicated value propositions.
- Collaborative: You work well with various stakeholders. You build successful relationships with external contractors and stakeholders as well as internal team members. You have a team-oriented attitude.
- Responsive communicator: You present your ideas in a succinct and compelling way. You create high-quality and insightful presentations. You welcome differing perspectives.
- Resourceful: As a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
- Entrepreneurial: You take an owner’s approach to growth; you are committed to your work at Willful and want to share in the company’s success.
They’re building a diverse team
Willful is an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate their inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. They are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. They have a commitment to diverse hiring and are proud to say that over 50% of their team, and 50% of their C-level executives, are women. They’re looking for the right person to join our team so this role isn’t limited by geography and will be 100% remote. The only requirement is that you must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Competitive salary and participation in employee stock option plan;
- Sun Life benefits plan including health, dental, and vision;
- Choice of $500 perk: a health spending account (HSA) or $500 annual RRSP contribution through Wealthsimple for Employees;
- An annual education budget to develop your existing skills or learn a new skill set;
- Shortened summer hours, and company-wide “recharge” days off in December in addition to your vacation time;
- Competitive parental leave policy;
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life;
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship;
- Fun, inclusive quarterly team events and annual kick-off (virtual and in person)