Toronto, Ontario M1L2M5 - Canada
We are excited to partner with an award-winning “eco aware” cosmetic and skincare organization to assist with the addition of a forward thinking data and analytics focused Marketing Manager to join their team. This position will play an important role within the company and partner with internal teams to support new product development and campaign launches in the bespoke/high-end beauty industry category.
In this role you will be leveraging knowledge gleaned from data analytics and reporting to help guide and support strategy and business decisions. As a problem solver, you will be responsible for planning and executing data driven marketing programs to support sales objectives.
- Own and execute on a yearly marketing plan to drive brand awareness and positioning leading to revenue generation
- Analyzes sales data, industry trends, product reviews, and competitive research to identify actionable insights
- Continuous development of awareness and insights into customers’ brands to provide deeper insight and recommendations to the sales and product development teams
- Ability to create compelling narratives and product messaging for innovation launches as well as existing products which support overall business decisions
- In partnership with internal leaders, support the ideation and execution of product launch campaigns and tactics for better performance of overall marketing mix including refinement of brand and product messaging to ensure consistency across all touch points
- Continuously build on current and new vendor relationships to further enhance product awareness and growth while supporting overall strategic initiatives
- Manage P&L and yearly budget, perform competitive analysis, analyze risks and opportunities, and provide suggestions and solutions for enhanced performance
- Tracks departmental KPIs and brings new ideas to measure success in an effective way
- Leads the execution of related materials, such as digital presentations, visual assets, instructional documents, etc.
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or related field and equivalent experience
- Results oriented team player with a minimum 5 years’ work experience in Marketing (strategic planning and execution, 5 Ps’)
- Prior experience in product launch and campaign development within the Beauty sector is a must
- Technically strong with prior experience leveraging various tools, CRM systems, etc.
- Previous experience in data reporting and analysis (NPD Group, AC Nielsen or other databases) and the ability to produce creative and compelling reports
- Project management expertise with strong cross-functional relationship management and keen ability to keep projects on track
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong time management skills and prioritization
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills, including visual presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)