Lead Product Designer
Toronto, Ontario M5J 0B8 - Canada
Creative Niche’s recruitment team is working with a fortune 500 financial services company located in downtown Toronto. As a Lead Product Designer, you have a T-shaped skillset, you bring a systematic approach to your work, and always seek ways to be more efficient. In this leadership role, you will help their design system team scale product design across the organization so that they can deliver better, more consistent experiences for their customers while working as efficiently as possible.
- Work on core system architecture, design token frameworks, visual language guidelines and more across web and mobile platforms.
- Understand user interface patterns and behaviours, and use that understanding to create reusable, flexible and accessible components.
- Provide guidance to team members with advice and techniques that improve their understanding and mastery of design systems.
- Inform best practices and human interface guidelines across Digital.
- Determine strategies for enabling the collection, refinement, governance and distribution of shared patterns and components.
- Create documentation and contribute to educational programs around systems thinking.
- Contribute to the creation of reusable components, utilities and libraries within Figma.
- Acts as an advocate for client-centric design methods and a single, shared client experience.
- Manages relationships with partners regarding design, brand, operations, and syncing of User Interface assets.
- Shares insights and shows thought leadership via presentations, lunch & learns, and other forms of written and oral communications within the Design team and across the bank.
- Facilitates systems related design critique, evaluates designs for inclusivity and provides depth and breadth of expert advice and guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Able to break down complex topics and communicate them to a broad audience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), Systems Design / Human Factors Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and developing usable interfaces across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rationale and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions.
- Strong expertise with Figma.
- Experience creating or contributing to, a design system.
Nice to haves:
- MA/MS degree or certification in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), Systems Design / Human Factors Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience or a related field.
- Experience working within a large organization and within an agile environment.
- Research skills testing various solutions in market and iterating based on data.