Lead Content Strategist
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1M4 - Canada
Our agency client is looking for a Lead Content Strategist with a passion for creative problem solving. This is an opportunity to expand overall content strategy practice by delivering user-centered information architectures and content plans for a variety of clients, contributing to the growth of our practice, and mentoring team members. The ideal person in this role knows how IA and content strategy can impact everything from user experience to content marketing to brand and business goals. The Lead Content Strategist is an inclusive collaborator and leader on a project team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead creation of detailed content strategy deliverables with limited oversight, including voice and tone guidelines, governance models and workflows, content models, taxonomies, information architecture and relationship documents, content audits & inventories, and research findings
- Produce cohesive strategy, research, and design documents that contextually address business needs, user needs, and best practices.
- Facilitate discovery activities with limited oversight such as content workshops, stakeholder interviews, audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc
- Critique discovery research findings and apply findings as appropriate to the solution
- Conduct research activities such as content testing, card sorting, taxonomy testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Mentor staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth
- Stay informed and share insights on digital best practices, trends, tools; participate in content strategy communities locally and nationally
- Participate in the planning and tracking of content strategy activities and deliverables across projects and accounts
- Substantially contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of content strategists
- 5-8 years of experience as a content strategy professional
- Demonstrable experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and moderating stakeholder interviews
- Experience connecting content strategy activities to demonstrable user, business, and brand value
- Strong background in taxonomy, information architecture, human factors
- Ability to create and lead content audits, content inventories, information structures, governance plans, copy, sitemaps, taxonomies, content models, user journeys, and process flows
- Ability to manage several high-profile projects simultaneously
- Consulting/agency experience is a plus
- Experience in user experience design and research activities (such as persona development, journey mapping, user flows, and wire framing) is a plus