Toronto, Ontario M5J 0B8 - Canada
Senior Interaction Designer
Looking to help shape experiences through digital products? We’re looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join a team that's pushing the boundaries of digital product design.
Who You Are:
A natural problem solver, communicator and facilitator, you’ll be involved in every step of the process from idea generation to implementation.
What You Will Work On:
You’ll work within an agile environment and iterative process, collaborating with interdisciplinary team members and stakeholders to analyze, design and convey your design vision.
- Interaction Design Strategy; understand user interface patterns and behaviours, and use that understanding to drive user comprehension, and improve task performance
- Use visualizations and interactions to support analytic thinking with large data sets
- Facilitate design critique, evaluate interactions for inclusivity and provide expert advice and guidance to cross-functional teams
- Facilitate ideation sessions and collaborative work activities
- Act as the interaction design subject-matter expert for the product design team
- Interaction Artifact Creation
- Use a comprehensive understanding of interaction design theory, research data and best practices to inform design decisions
- Design artifacts of high complexity to communicate task flows, touchpoints, behaviours, and the exchange of information
- Create complex low-fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to explore, communicate, and validate ideas.
- Create complex prototypes to provide delivery specifications for development
- Present interaction design work to more senior stakeholders
- Research and Testing
- Facilitate usability testing, Participate in or initiate research activities
- Research interaction design strategies in the financial services sector and perform competitive audits pertinent to specific design or business goals
- Perform pattern, micro-interaction and component design audits where appropriate
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing usable interfaces across multiple channels and platforms
- Experience in an applied research setting including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rational and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
- Demonstrated expertise with design, prototyping, and research tools such as Sketch and Axure RP, InVision, UserTesting.com
Nice to Have:
- MA/MS degree or certification in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking'
- Experience working within a large organization and within an agile environment
Apply now with your resume & portfolio