Toronto, Ontario M5X 2A2 - Canada
Creative Niche has been exclusively engaged to help build a team for one of the most successful and innovative brands and most widely used apps in Canada. Our client is obsessed with delivering the best digital customer experience that enhances the guest interaction.
One of the most critical roles is the Director of Quality Assurance for their Toronto office, located downtown. As the Head of Software Quality Assurance, you will continuously provide testing and technical expertise and advice on large, complex projects. You will lead, consult on and support strategic projects and work closely with technology and product management teams to advance testing and technical delivery strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach, and execution in development projects
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools, and Techniques across the teams
- Working together with other leads to improve the SDLC as well as processes across the organization
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of QA Management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house
- Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement, and industry-recognized Best Practices
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring the best out of each individual
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker, and assertive
- Flexible with the ability to adapt and work under pressure
- Experience with a test case management tool such as Zephyr or TM4J
- Experience with JIRA or similar Agile management tools
At Creative Niche, we are committed to being an equal opportunity talent acquisition partner. All qualified applicants will receive equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.