Toronto, Ontario M5X 2A2 - Canada
Creative Niche has been exclusively engaged to help build a team for one of the most successful and innovative brands and most widely used apps in Canada. Our client is obsessed with delivering the best digital customer experience that enhances the guest interaction.
One of the most critical roles is the Director DevOps for their Toronto office, located downtown.
What You Will Do:
- Design and deploy cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, highly available, fault tolerant and self-healing on AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes / tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation on AWS
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Lead and grow the CI/CD practice working closely within the Development, QA and other production teams
- Collaborate with the team to troubleshoot production issues including responding to after-hours escalations if needed
- Informally train and share AWS knowledge within the team
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to learn and work in a growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage outside vendors
- 5+ years of experience in both architecting and implementing critical production systems for reliability, performance, and security within AWS and/or other cloud environments
- Significant past work experience with responsibility for the deployment and reliability of critical, customer-facing production systems
- 2+ years of team-management experience coaching and developing individuals and teams
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Github Actions and/or CircleCI a bonus
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science/Information Technology or relevant discipline
- Specialize in the best practice implementation, operations, and support of cloud infrastructure including Network, Storage, Compute and Security
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform?
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with large distributed systems in production
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Preference given to someone with AWS certification
At Creative Niche, we are committed to being an equal opportunity talent acquisition partner. All qualified applicants will receive equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.