Toronto, Ontario M5J 0B8 - Canada
Looking to help shape experiences through content design? We’re seeking a Content Designer to join a talented team that’s pushing the boundaries of digital product design. You’ll collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines to define the core value of the digital products we design and build.
What You Will Work On:
- Create strategies for using content to support our clients' needs for information and understanding in the digital products we design
- Facilitate collaborative design activities and ideation sessions and collaborative work activities
- Articulate the rationale behind a content strategy and provide design advice or guidance to other product team members
- Act as an advocate for our clients, representing their needs and interests in discussions about the role of content in the products we design and how that role may affect other aspects of a product’s design
- Create client-focused textual content ensuring that it supports the design principles and the team’s design and product strategies, including labels, explanatory text, hidden or alternative text, metadata, and support content internal to a digital product, as well as external (go-to-market) content
- Partner with peers to shape or develop other (non-textual) content: iconography, information graphics, imagery, and data.
- Apply the principles of Inclusive Design in content design and creation
- Manage the documentation and sharing of content throughout its lifecycle
- Work with a designated Design Researcher to facilitate team agreement on the questions it needs to answer through its Research and Testing activities
- Partner with the team’s designated Testing and/or Design Lead to initiate tests of the effectiveness of specific content strategies and specific content executions
- Research content and messaging strategies in the competitive landscape and perform competitive audits pertinent to specific design or business goals
- Perform content audits where appropriate
Required Skills & Experience:
- A post-secondary education, ideally with a university degree or college diploma
- At least 4 years of writing experience at a creative agency or in-house creative team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about the challenge at hand
- Proficiency in English
- A portfolio of work samples showcasing your copywriting work
Apply now with your portfolio attached.