Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Our client in the financial wealth management space is looking for an AVP, Communications. You will be managing the Communications team, and strategically build and uphold processes, policies ,and best practices while helping grow the company’s Private Wealth brand
- Strategic Planning:
-Developing integrated communications strategies in partnership with Marketing and Corporate stakeholders to support overall team and firm goals to drive measurable impact – internally and externally.
- Communications Counsel:
-Presenting plans, taking feedback, and discussing recommendations to various audiences, including senior leadership, with confidence and professionalism.
-Providing strategic counsel on critical files within and outside of Marketing.
- Leadership Visibility:
-Proactively identifying and supporting opportunities for executive leaders to build recognition and reputation with internal and industry audiences.
- Content Management:
-Helping drive the company narrative, through proactive content planning and execution for internal and external audiences.
-Strategically building and owning centralized content calendars with Marketing stakeholders.
- Processes and Guidelines:
-Shape and oversee best-in-class processes to drive consistency and support key stakeholders internally.
-Helping evolve and endorse media policies to mitigate risk and strengthen brand reputation externally.
- Project Management:
-Managing and contributing to special projects within Marketing and with other internal stakeholders, including our Technology, Compliance, and Advanced Wealth Planning teams.
- A university degree or diploma in Communications or other relevant field of study.
- 10+ years’ relevant work experience in Communications or related field.
- A strong understanding of complex industries and ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Strong creativity, with high calibre writing and editing skills.
- Strong people management skills, with a focus on development and coaching.
- An ability to work independently within a high demand and fast- paced environment.
- An ability to work within ambiguity and flexible to shifting deadlines.
- Experience working directly with executives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
- Must be able to work onsite (weekly:3 days onsite/ 2 days remote)