Posted: October 4, 2021
We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Product Design Lead to join our client's team for a full time position, located in downtown Toronto.
This is an absolutely exciting opportunity for the right candidate, to work among a tier-one brand, to create some very innovative design solutions. It is also a great chance to further develop your mentoring skills to more junior members on the team.
This opportunity comes with some really great perks within the travel industry.
- Lead and manage design projects from concept through implementation
- Collaborate with digital team members on establishing and maintaining effective processes
- Provide day to day and mentorship to a small team of designers
- Delegate and coordinate tasks and oversee the activities of the digital team
- Provide thoughtful feedback, guidance, support, and encouragement to members of the digital team
- Present and articulate design decisions to audiences across the organization in a compelling way
- Work broadly with product owners, solutions delivery team and technology to break down the business needs into digital solutions that leverage best practices
- Actively participate in daily scrum, release planning and backlog refinement meetings
- Manage scope to ensure product quality and on-time delivery of work
- Responsible for ongoing backlog management in collaboration with Development and QA leads
- Collaborate broadly with product owners, solutions delivery team and technology.on removing blockers that stand in the way of delivering projects on time
- Analyze and improve design and delivery processes across teams
- Communicate professionally and purposefully with stakeholders across the organization to continuously improve UX adoption, support, and understanding
- Participate in recruiting and hiring of UX/UI designers
- Act as a resource for best practice information on the design trends, internal processes and hand-off, design system information and new technologies
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
- 4+ years professional experience designing for desktop and mobile products
- Experience managing design projects, and teams
- Experience working with key stakeholders to frame and scale design solutions for web and mobile applications/platforms
- Proficiency with prototyping tools, such as Axure or Figma, along with good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of the Agile principles/Scrum framework
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Ability to identify and clearly define problems
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail, ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to cope with stress and resilience to work across a number of projects with a variety of team members and balance own workload
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating a proven track record for building and releasing usable digital products from concept to completion.
Apply now for immediate consideration!