Posted: September 1, 2021
Immediate opportunity for a Bilingual (English & French speaking) Communications Advisor to join one of Canada’s national organizations based in Ottawa, Ontario. In this role, the candidate will play an important role in both internal and external communications promoting the organization’s programs and other activities.
The candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks including preparing strategic communication plans, creating and management of an editorial calendar, creating content for a variety of outlets including social media, news releases, promo campaigns, community events, corporate initiatives and other outbound marketing projects. Knowledge and experience in current best communication practices on social media platforms is required as well as coordination of issues management briefings and responses.
Candidates interested in this role should have prior experience dealing with and developing strong relationships with national, community, indigenous, and regional culturally diverse influencers. Other activities will include contributing to major events and announcements across a variety of communication platforms as well as working alongside project teams across the organization including marketing, communications, management, etc.
This role is part strategy (aka thinking outside the box, while remaining on brand) and execution including assisting with various campaigns as required and producing reports based on campaign results. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate their experience in managing issues and an organization’s reputation in a fast paced environment as well as identifying opportunities to promote the activities of the organization.
- 5+ years’ experience in public relations, social media, communications, media
- Undergraduate degree in communications or public relations, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Comfortable dealing with both issues and opportunities for the organization as well as possessing the ability to quickly synthesize complex subject matter to actionable tasks and deliverables
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working within a digital marketing environment; experienced with enhancing/augmenting process and procedures; and possessing excellent project management skills.
- Prior experience in working (professional or volunteer) within an arts/culture environment
- Prior experience in dealing with media and general public regarding organizational mandates, brand, and overall positioning is maintained to the highest quality.