Posted: August 9, 2021
Our FinTech client is working on a brand new product for North America and is looking to add its first designer to the team. The ideal candidate is an experienced designer, and someone who can take on the entire responsibility for the Day 1 product and beyond.
- Be a one-person design team (for now) with complete creative and design execution responsibilities for a web browser-based product primarily for desktop/laptop
- You’ll be expected to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users. Partner with product managers, engineers and business folks to understand all value drivers of the product. You’ll identify “low points” in user experience that exist today and create design solutions addressing those issues
- Roll up your sleeves and design “no training” required screen flows. Envision how things should work/move/interact with users to create delightful experiences
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members including customer support to continually reiterate and improve design efficiency
- Define a design system (atomic design approach) to be used across multiple devices. This will not be required for Day 1 but having experience in working with design systems would help
- Recruit a designer to help you meet expectations from the design team
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design (UX and UI) in a product company. Having some “Zero to one” design experience would be a massive advantage
- Be willing to be a team of one and grow the design team as the product and business scales
- Extensive mastery of Figma and other prototyping tools
- A strong design point-of-view with a high level of comfort with opposing opinions with the ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Experience participating in and facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Experience in creating, working from and contributing to established design systems/design language would be a plus
- Willingness to submit a design case challenge
Please apply now for consideration!