Posted: July 21, 2021
Our Toronto based tech client is on a key growth trajectory and hiring a Product Designer (Software suite of products) to join their team in the GTA/Toronto office in the growth and evolution of their product offerings. This role is temporarily remote but will be onsite in Toronto once permissible to do so.
In this role, you’ll be able to leverage your passions for user research and innovation, UX, interaction design and visual design to deliver high-quality, user-centered designs quickly and iteratively in collaboration with design, product, and engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the design process from discovery to delivery and will play an active role in activities and workshops to deliver exceptional user experience (in their products) while supporting design change and scalability.
This role will report directly to the Design Manager and work alongside cross function partners, engineering, and customer success teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality user experience. As an individual contributor and part of a growing successful design team, this role will play a key role in overall critical thinking, problem-solving, and transformation of complex experiences into intuitive and accessible designs using user-validated processes and frameworks.
- Dig in and solve complex situations to aid in development of design solutions and contribute to the overall success of the design team
- Design easy to use experiences for customers
- Work in collaboration with PMs, engineers, customer support, sales, and marketing to oversee exceptional user experience for products and features
- Leverage solid skills and experience with bringing a systems approach to creating solutions, validating designs through prototyping, user testing and customer feedback
- Shape and grow the design culture through internal engagement, bringing ideas to the company and fostering collaboration amongst the teams
- A passion to solve problems and put the client experience first
- 2-5+ years in product design or UX roles with both large and smaller projects in SaaS, SMB, or B2B environments
- Demonstrated prior experience working on projects across a product lifecycle
- Experience designing digital products and systems end to end, not just websites, and a passion for delivering high quality visual and interactive design solutions for a range of products
- A digital portfolio that clearly demonstrates your skills in leading initiatives, research, user experience, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Intermediate skills with design, prototyping and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Miro, Mural, Jira, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of platform patterns for responsive web and native mobile experience
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed teams
- Passion for your craft
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Prior experience managing large problems and breaking them down into bite-sized measurable chunks
- Advocacy for design by articulating and presenting the rationale behind your proposed ideas
- A positive team-focused collaborative style where you can speak to times where negatives turned into positives
- Experience seeking out and providing meaningful feedback because you know it’s the best way to grow