Posted: July 12, 2021
We are seeking a talented Service Designer for an exciting contract to permanent role with an established and forward-thinking financial client.
The Service Designer will work alongside the Design Team which includes Product Designers, Researchers, and Design Managers. In partnership with product managers, tech leads, and business partners, they will apply their knowledge to real world design strategy and service design challenges.
In this role you'll be using service design tools to build a comprehensive view of the current state of experiences as well as defining the future vision state. Bring your ideas to life through maps, flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes and other design artifacts to communicate the end-to-end user experiences across our major digital platforms. You’ll also play a support role in training facilitation, championing HCD outside of the design team, or in external activities. You will learn methods and gain new skills by working with the team on design strategy and service design projects both large and small. Similarly, the client will want you to bring new methods and techniques to the practice as well!
- The Service Designer role represents a different way of working – human-centered and iterative – by collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams and simplifying problems into compelling solutions
- Create Service Design project plans, lead cross functional teams in projects using human-centered and design thinking methodologies
- Produce Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey maps, and Concept Designs, Service Experience prototypes, Empathy Maps, and Value Proposition Proposals, for the creation and evolution of products and services
- Plan and execute co-creation workshops with stakeholders to propose the most viable solution for a given problem
- Contribute to scope and define conceptual value for businesses and customers to inform recommended design strategies with some guidance from manager, senior manager and/or partner team
- Learning how to lead discovery work autonomously, usually with manager guidance and support
- Competent in design research
- Strong in most core design skills; interest in developing and exploring extended skills (e.g. prototyping, visual design, video production, data manipulation / visualization)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Design Strategy, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioural Science, or in a related field
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Service Design or equivalent Design experience
- An established performer with strong capabilities in the Design craft
- Understands and can work with core design strategy and service design methods and processes
- Experience working with human-centered design to help a team develop and deliver new products, services, and experiences
- Hands-on experience in designing for a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels
- Experience with conceptualization, ideation, and iterative prototyping and experience employing various methods to prototype service concepts
- Confident in presentation skills and building well-structured presentation decks
- Confident communicating design decisions and rationale to teams
- Experience with prototyping tools/skillset in service of rapid prototyping
- Learning to influence and sell design solutions through storytelling and context setting
- Team player who has experience working within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity