Posted: March 24, 2021
Come join one of the BEST agencies in Ottawa!
Our Ottawa client is looking for an Art Director (visual) with a background in advertising and design to join their team. Although our client is based in Ottawa, they are open to having a remote team member based in Toronto as a fair amount of work is done through Toronto as well. Our client’s “niche” is focused within advocacy – some of Canada's most interesting associations, coalitions, charities, NGOs, and corporations. Have a passion for witty headlines? Interested in civic engagement? Great! We want to hear from you.
In this full time role, you will be primarily be focused on creating digitally driven products – ideating and executing creative concepts for advertising campaigns across a variety of digital platforms, from concept to final execution. This is a hands-on role meaning you will be able to flex your creative muscle for advertising and communications campaigns. Projects will range from creating storyboards for presentations, creating digital ads for social media, website designs, infographics, and more. Although working remotely now, this is a very team focussed organization – they support each other, lend a hand when needed and piggyback on each other’s ideas to come up with creative, thought provoking solutions.
Candidates must demonstrate through their digital portfolio an in-depth knowledge of graphic design principles, styles and layout techniques as well as experience executing creative projects from conception to production. Deliverables may have fast turnaround times and may require juggling of priorities and projects to meet deadlines on time and on budget. Your portfolio should clearly demonstrate leveraging best practices in design, UX, adapting stock imagery or creating the odd illustration. Our client is looking for team members who possess a passion for great creative and clever solutions, can deliver high quality work on tight timelines, and have a passion to stay current and up to date on design trends, technologies, software, etc.
What you bring to the team:
- Proven work experience as an Art Director/Senior Designer with significant experience and focus on creating campaigns from initial ideation/concept to final execution, experience working within advertising agency environments, partnering with writers or developing headline copy on your own.
- A stellar digital portfolio of completed design projects with clear attribution of your role(s) in each piece
- Advanced experience with software such as Adobe Core Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Firm familiarity with software such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to self-critique and refine
- Strong typography skills
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work independently, as well as collaborate with a team, provide and receive feedback on concepts and executions.
- College or University diploma in design or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of a certificate
- Resident of Canada or Canadian Citizen
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe AfterEffects