Posted: February 10, 2021
We're working with an architectural client in Toronto to find a strong Marketing Specialist to grow to have a strong understanding of their brand and clients.
With strong writing and graphic design skills, the Marketing Specialist will distinguish the company, strengthen the practice’s profile, and win new work through marketing and proposals. You will manage the creation and submission of compelling proposals including coordinating content, writing and design. Their in house business development team will collaborate and translate marketing and brand direction into compelling graphics and layouts for proposals, presentations, web content and other promotional material. You will also coordinate the practice’s industry involvement such as sponsorship, speaking engagement and attendance at appropriate events.
- Obtain, review, and take-on incoming Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Work closely with senior staff to determine RFP requirements, consulting team, and format
- Coordinate, organize and assemble material and content needed
- Write, edit, and proofread content for proposals
- Coordinate layout, printing, and delivery of proposals
- Archive submissions and update marketing databases
- Track proposal efforts and outcomes
- Attend professional meetings or other marketing events as needed
- Apply an understanding of relevant current issues and trends, client-specific needs and preferences
- Competitive positioning including brand messaging
- Supports creation and execution of communication activities, key themes and messages to highlight the studio's value proposition, strengths, capabilities and resources
- Supports branding initiatives including internal and external communications
- Manages the firm’s marketing content (social media, website, e-blasts etc.)
- Identifies and coordinates activities to promote the studio's industry leadership and involvement
- Sources and manages annual awards programs and submissions
- Participates in additional studio related design strategies that support the studio’s profile (such as competitions)
- Conducts research on market trends, clients and sectors
- University or College Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, Public Relations, Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years experience in marketing, preferably in a firm with a design focus
- Experience in proposal writing or coordination for design or related discipline required
- Exceptional writing skills, creativity and design sense with equal skills in design software (Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with administering social media and websites
- Strong conceptual, communication and listening skills being able to translate directions into proposals
- Team player and collaborator working with diverse teams internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be self-directed and take initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of the exhibit, museum, architectural, interiors or construction markets an asset
This is a full-time opportunity starting remotely, post-pandemic the office is located in central Toronto.
If this sounds like a great match, please apply now for consideration!