Posted: February 9, 2021
We are thrilled to share that we are exclusively working with Willful to find their next Paid Acquisition Manager!
Since launching in 2017, Willful has quickly become Canada’s fastest growing online will service, with over 50,000 documents created by customers. Willful has partnerships with industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits, including Wealthsimple, Sonnet Insurance, Mercer, CAA and many more.
We’re looking for a results-oriented Paid Acquisition Manager to drive growth and customer acquisition across paid search, paid social, affiliate and display advertising platforms.
Leveraging your skills in media planning, campaign management and data analysis, you will be responsible for scaling budgets across our media mix while maintaining efficient CACs. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this is a highly visible and impactful role at the fastest-growing legal tech startup in Canada. We're looking for someone within the salary range of $75-100k.
To be successful, you will:
- Allocate and manage a media budget across a number of paid media channels including paid search, paid social, affiliate and programmatic/display
- Monitor and optimize key growth metrics to deliver results against forecast across channels including user acquisition and revenue targets, budget pacing, CAC and ROAS
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Collaborate on creative concepts with marketing teammates and manage creative projects related to ads, landing pages, custom content, etc.
- Develop and own channel-specific reporting dashboards to share performance and learnings across the company
- Identify emerging paid media properties and build new advertising programs to reach and acquire new customers
- Collaborate with channel-level agencies and marketing partners to deliver against performance targets for SEM/paid social and affiliate marketing
You’re a perfect fit for the role if you are:
- Data-driven and analytical – you can pluck the signal from the noise and bring a scientific approach to experimentation and decision-making
- A quick and autonomous learner – You thrive in always-changing environments because you’re not afraid to say “I don’t know, but I’m going to figure it out”
- Passionate about problem solving – You approach unfamiliar, possibly daunting problems into manageable elements and deliver solutions
- A creative communicator– you know how to tell a story and have an eye for on-brand creative to collaborate with designers and producers to develop ads that drive direct response
- Reliably results-oriented– you’re focused on goals and work steadily to achieve them
- Mission-driven and empathetic – you share our passion for helping our customers navigate end-of-life planning and have compassion and understanding for their needs
- Motivated by impact and growth– you want to make a difference at scale
Do you have the right experience and expertise?
- 3+ years experience in a B2C performance marketing role where you achieved efficient growth at scale
- Experience managing acquisition campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and Google Ads; Bonus points for experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok
- Strong understanding of marketing attribution, web analytics and web tracking technology
- Comfortable designing, executing, analyzing and optimizing A/B and multivariate experiments
- Excellent communication capabilities and a strong visual design sensibility
- French communication skills are a bonus!
We’re building a diverse team
Willful is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We have a commitment to diverse hiring, and are proud to say that 50% of our team, and 75% of our C-level executives are women-identified.
Work where you want to
You’ll be working remotely until COVID-19 restrictions lift. When we’re allowed back to the office, you are welcome to work out of Willful HQ at Wellington & Portland. This role can be 100% remote, so you don’t have to be based in Toronto, but you do have to be legally able to work in Canada.
Flexible start date
We’re looking to fill this role ASAP, but if you’re the right person for this role, we’ll wait for you 🙂
Working with Willful has its Perks
- Competitive compensation and participation in employee stock option plan
- Sun Life benefits plan including health, dental, and vision
- Generous vacation time, as well as summer hours + week between Christmas and New Year’s off
- Education budget
- Choice of perk: $500 towards a health spending account OR RRSP matching