Posted: February 9, 2021
We are thrilled to share that we are exclusively working with Willful to find their next Chief Marketing Officer!
Since launching in 2017, Willful has quickly become Canada’s fastest growing online will service, with over 50,000 documents created by customers. Willful has partnerships with industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits, including Wealthsimple, Sonnet Insurance, Mercer, CAA and many more.
We’re looking for a dynamic growth and marketing leader that will take on the challenge of scaling the fastest growing legal tech brand in Canada, and growing it into a global market-leader.
To be successful, you will:
- Define and lead the growth and marketing strategy and tactical roadmap to support short-term and long-term business objectives, and execute on the 2021 growth forecast
- Grow our user base across Canada through multi-channel user acquisition that focuses on impactful creative, scientific experimentation and continuous optimization
- Build a data-driven marketing team to manage growth and communications in existing and new markets
- Manage channel-level agency and partner relationships to deliver against performance targets for paid media, affiliate and public relations.
- Scale and optimize marketing spend to drive user acquisition and sales
- Lead go-to-market strategy for new products and markets
- Build and maintain a direct-to-consumer brand across platforms and markets
- Own and drive KPIs related to user growth and retention, revenue, and unit economics
- Elevate thought leadership in the industry through content and media
- Participate as a collaborative member of the executive team to help define business strategy and lead a rapidly growing organization
You’re a perfect fit for the role if you are:
- Curious and analytical – you love experimenting, base decisions on data and can quickly connect the insights to make decisions that drive growth
- A creative communicator– you know how to tell a story and transmit a vision to others
- Entrepreneurial and hustler– you’re entrepreneurial and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves with a “let’s get it done” attitude
- Results-oriented– you’re focused on goals and work steadily to achieve them
- Mission-driven and empathetic – you share our passion for helping our customers navigate end-of-life planning and have compassion and understanding for their needs
- A collaborative leader– you’re effective at building teams and partnerships, and at working across departments
- Motivated by impact and growth– you want to make a difference at scale
Do you have the right experience and expertise?
- Growth and marketing leadership in a fast-growing B2C or eCommerce startup
- Demonstrated expertise in growth modeling, data analysis and experiment-driven marketing
- Strong technical capability with in-depth understanding of digital marketing technology, including attribution and web analytics, web UX optimization, and channel-level expertise (SEO, SEM, paid social, affiliate, digital PR)
- Solid track record of building a high-performing marketing department
- Excellent communication capabilities and a strong visual design sensibility
- French communication skills are a bonus!
We’re building a diverse team
Willful is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We have a commitment to diverse hiring, and are proud to say that 50% of our team, and 75% of our C-level executives are women-identified.
Work where you want to
You’ll be working remotely until COVID-19 restrictions lift. When we’re allowed back to the office, you are welcome to work out of Willful HQ at Wellington & Portland. This role can be 100% remote, so you don’t have to be based in Toronto, but you do have to be legally able to work in Canada.
Flexible start date
We’re looking to fill this role ASAP, but if you’re the right person for this role, we’ll wait for you 🙂
Working with Willful has its Perks
- Competitive executive-level compensation and participation in employee stock option plan
- Sun Life benefits plan including health, dental, and vision
- Generous vacation time, as well as summer hours + week between Christmas and New Year’s off
- Education budget
- Choice of perk: $500 towards a health spending account OR RRSP matching