Our client’s organization is located in the northern section of the great city of Cincinnati! The client is the publisher of two brand catalogs and websites, and is one of the leading premiere multi-channel retailers in the home category.
Through both print and digital media, the client offers products of unsurpassed quality to their customers with engaging creative lifestyle imagery. The brand is known for fashionable indoor and outdoor home furnishings and accessories with unique, colorful style.
Our client is currently seeking an Art Director. The Art Director's primary role is to contribute to concepts, design, layout, and most importantly photo art direction for the business. This candidate will be an integral contributor to the development and execution of compelling lifestyle imagery enhancing the luxury brand.
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, and possesses the know how to get things done
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Dynamic high energy leader who can work independently across levels and functions
- Displays attention to detail
- Create inspiring visuals and a selling message that supports brand mission and engages customers
- Ensure overall photo art direction is consistent with our brand, creating compelling images that effectively showcase product attributes
- Present creative layouts that outline the vision for each project and in turn effectively convey message to business partners
- Monitor and assess the selling effectiveness of catalogs and advertising in both print and digital channels to optimize creative strategies
- Execute effective time management while prioritizing dynamic work processes relative to pagination, product turn-over, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Merchandising, Marketing, and internal partners to prepare, execute and deliver best in class creative materials focusing on product characteristics
- Actively manage/coordinate both onsite and in-house photo shoots, and participate in identifying and assessing shoot locations. Provide direction to logistics and samples management to insure product is available as needed for shoots.
- Identify the need for and evaluate outsourced providers such as photo studios, freelance creative talent, other temporary/variable resources as needed.
- High energy, self-directed, intrinsically motivated individual
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence others and drive results by maneuvering through road blocks and developing creative solutions
- A team player who can inspire, coach, and positively contribute the company culture
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an Art Director in a luxury consumer brand environment with multiple marketing disciplines (catalog, advertising, direct mail, sales promotion, etc.) incorporating design, photo art direction, and brand development
- Mac proficient with expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office, web and database functionality
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.